Reply To: Limited company or self-employed?

Maribell Riley

I think it depends how you do it. I am over 60 and have 30 years NI so as a limited company I keep my ‘pay’ below NI and tax threshold and withdraw cash weekly. Makes my personal tax return very simple, as I dont pay any income tax or NI. I dont earn huge amounts because I work 2 to 3 days a week, so I take profit release as I need it and only pay corporation tax on this part of my income. My accountant charges £600 to do both tax forms and the accounts for Companies House. I am not sure how much I save, but the paperwork isnt onerous, as HMRC have simplified things a lot. I use a simple spread sheet and keep all the bits of paper. If your accountant thinks its worthwhile go for it.

Already Registered? Please Sign in

Save time by using Social Networks to Login.

Recent Replies

  • Sign Up
Lost your password? Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.